Recommended Flash Drives

After trial and error – Toshiba 1G ( Trans Memory) worked cost at Office Max under $5.00 :ugeek:

WORKED: Transcend JF110 2G

WORKS: Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2GB

I removed U3 by reformatting the drive using Disk Utility under Leopard. I didn’t even know at the time that U3 is problematic, the extra icon just annoyed me and I wanted to get rid of it.

Lexar JumpDrive USB 2.0 (2GB) worked perfectly.

Two worked for this drive. 20$ from Bestbuy. Just annoying you’ve to download Cruze Utilities 1st, run that. Restart, delete, then reformat. But worked perfect otherwise.

Sandisk Cruzer 4 Gig: Failed on 4 attempts
Kingston Traveler 2 Gig: Worked fine on first try

Worked: Ativa 2Gig

Didn’t Work:
Sandisk Gator 4Gig
Sandisk 256 micro
sandisk cruzer 512mb

Did not work - SimpleTech 512mb

Worked - Toshiba 2G

Contrary to what I’ve read here, the silver Lexar Jump Drives don’t work. Specifically, I’ve tried the 2 GB version model number: JDP2GB-120-5005RevA

Trying the SanDisk Cruzer Titanium 2 GB model next (yes, I’ll format it first).

UPDATE!!!: The Lexar JumpDrive 2GB JDP2GB-120-5005RevA DOES WORK! I think the problem was the 3.4.0 update. I tried the 3.4.1 update and it worked. So, apparently the USB issue in 3.4.0 caused the problem, and I assumed it was the flash drive (incorrectly).

FYI: I never did try the SanDisk Cruzer Titanium 2 GB model, but FYI: reformatting it, and zeroing all data on it did NOT remove the CU (or whatever it is called). I had to download the removal utility from SanDiak and find a Mac running Tiger. A real pain.

ANOTHER UPDATE: aTVFlash 3.4.2 didn’t work with the Lexar JumpDrive, but the SanDisk Cruzer Titanium did. So, I can assume, but not say with 100% certainty that a flash drive can work with some updates, but not necessarily with others. The Lexar has worked for me 1 of 3 times, and the SanDisk Cruzer worked 1 of 1 time.

I hope this helps.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE: Both the SanDisk & the Lexar failed twice on aTV Flash 3.4.4 so I bought yet another one. This time I tried an Ativa 2 GB model in an orange rubber casing. It failed as well.

AND EVEN ANOTHER: Just got a PNY Attache flash drive and it worked with aTV Flash 3.4.4

Kingston DataTraveler 1 GB did not work with ATVflash 3.4.1
I do not find pendrive memorex in my country (spain)
Any suggestion?
thanks a lot

i used transend v30 2G,but it can`t work?

Didn’t work:
SunDisk Cruzer Micro 256 Mb

Worked:
JetFlash V30 Transcend 2 Gb

Hi Folks,
I was having a great deal of difficulty with a Sony 4GB “Click” Flash Drive. After reading some of the posts here I purchased a Staples “relay” drive 1GB, could not find a Memorex Flash. The $8 staples drive worked like a charm, aTV installed effortlessly.

Now I have to figure out how to use this thing :slight_smile:

Kingston data Traveler 2 GB worked first try

From everyone’s recommendations, I tried a 2GB Kingston DataTraveler and it failed. This is the 3rd drive I’ve tried with no success. I plug it in and ATV doesn’t even recognize it. Have not found a drive that works yet, but at getting very frustrated with this…

Scan Disk Micro Cruzer 8G - DID NOT WORK

My Sony M2 1Gb card did not work

My PNY 2gb Micro SD worked
My SanDisk 2gb Micro SD worked

I used the SanDisk MobileMate Micro Reader as the adapter for these cards.

Worked: 1GB GTX from Best Buy

Did NOT work: Sandisk 512MB, Sandisk 4GB, Kingston DataTraveler 2GB (lime green)

Worked: PNY 2GB Attache
Did not work: SanDisk 8GB Cruzer Micro

I like the HP V100W series. I have two 2GB models and they are really small and fit well in backpacks and pockets and such. You can find them here: http://www.google.com/products?q=HPV100W&hl=en&scoring=p