Resume playback of an almost finished video

Yes this is very annoying. I have many TV episodes encoded into single mp4 files that are 30 to 60 hours long. When I pause at the last several episodes, Infuse considers it is watched. Plex does the same. Apple’s TV app doesn’t do it.

One suggestion would be to apply the 90-95% threshold but only if it is at the last chapter.

But I actually prefer having a setting where I can set the threshold manually. I would set it to 100% (disable), though.

James, quite a few people have voted in favour of changing the current behaviour. What is it going to take?

Moving to suggestions. :slight_smile:

Sorry James, but I do not agree that it should be moved to suggestions. The current behaviour is unfairly biased to content that has credits. However, not all content out there has credits, so it should be up to individual users to determine whether most their content has credits and thus warrants this feature or if it is unwanted. To that end, it should be a toggle or a variable.

Has this been fixed? As someone who watches long tutorials and longer D&D videos (4+ hours), having to keep notes on where I left off because the software assumes the video is done is a pretty big drawback. Even as an Infuse Pro subscriber I can’t see an option to toggle this on and off.

I’ll echo other people who find this feature annoying and are baffled why we can’t have an option to disable it. I watch tutorial videos with no credits and find it incredibly annoying that I have to keep reloading the last 10 minutes of a 3 or 4 hour tutorial video because the app assumed I was done simply because I paused the video to do something else. I guess since the developers don’t seem to care to add a simple on/off switch in the settings after 7 years of requests, the only solution is to end my subscription and use a different video player.

Hi all, there are some movies that I watch that I sometimes pause at the very end because something comes up, but when I go to resume it, the video becomes finished and I lose the place from where I was watching. This is no big deal because I can go to the end and find it again, but I find that this is happening alot. I can’t seem to find any setting to turn this feature off, any help please?

Welcome to the forum!

Infuse will mark a video “Watched” at a certain percentage of completion since the majority of users don’t watch the end credits and currently there is no setting to disable this. Sorry :smile:

I’ve moved your post to the suggestions forum in a thread already running that is requesting the same feature as you. Don’t forget to click the like button in the first post :wink:

Up vote

James, this has been requested for over 7 years. What’s taking so long for this to be implemented? Give people a choice to make this work the way they wish. Keep the current behaviour the default, but allow a toggle to disable it (or configure X minutes before end of a file marks it watched). Thank you.

Seconded. My personal preference is Jellyfin’s approach, which is allowing users to customize the minimum and maximum percentages for resume:

Hopefully Infuse would consider implementing this feature.

2 Likes

Adding my voice to this request.

In my opinion, this feature never should have been percentage-based.

• The length of the credits of a particular show or film has no reliable correlation with the overall length of the video. Why should a 3 hour long movie be assumed to have twice the credits length compared to a 1.5 hour one?
  • From a UX perspective, trying to help the user when they don’t realize how or why is bad design. By using a percentage instead of a fixed time, the user has to do math just to figure out at which point they will lose their progress when stopping. If it was a fixed number like 5 minutes, they could easily tell.

That being said, neither a time-based or percentage-based cutoff would help if they cannot be disabled or configured to zero.

Thanks for listening.

3 Likes

I keep finding Infuse ending a show early if I try to back up / skip forward to view something near the end of a show…

Example: Survivor (US)

At the very end of the show, after “Next time on Survivor…” they play a brief interview clip with the just-voted out player; and during that clip, they show all the votes cast by the surviving players.

I’ll either get distracted listening to the parting words and miss the start of the vote reveal or I’ll skip through the “next on” to try to watch the vote reveals, but the pop-up takes over my remote and causes the next button press to skip to the end of the show and mark it watched. Grr.

I then have to restart the show from the beginning, and fast forward all the way to end, being careful to deactivate the pop-up before stopping the fast forward, or it going all the way to end again if I can’t do that in time. :confused:

The Plex Credit Metadata requested feature could be use for this. Not everyone uses Plex but seeing Infuse already uses skip intro from Plex, I’m guessing this is already being considered.

This suggestion is more targeting the user being able to adjustment the already implemented percentage of completion to meet their personal preferences. That would make it usable for all and not just plex users.

I understand. I should’ve posted this on the other thread as an additional implementation if Infuse decided to use the credit detection.