We're pleased to announce, thanks to Remote HD, the 1st gen Apple TV is now able to act as an AirPlay compatible device! With Remote HD installed all the amazing features of AirPlay for the new black Apple TV are now available on the original silver models.
What can I stream?
Update: Devices running iOS 7 and later will only be capable of streaming audio to the 1st gen Apple TV.
- Video, YouTube, video podcasts, and photos from iOS devices.
- Video, and video podcasts from iTunes.
- Video from other 3rd party apps if your iOS devices is modified to do so.
- Update 4/14/11 - Audio streaming is now supported
How does it work?
- Install aTV Flash (silver)
- Download Remote HD purchase it here [iTunes link].
- Install the Remote HD helper on your Apple TV through the Maintenance --> Install Extras menu.
- Restart your Apple TV
- Connect to your Apple TV with Remote HD - the Apple TV will now be recognized in all AirPlay compatible applications.