Happy Holidays! 'Tis the season for holiday celebrations, and to kick things off we've got one final installment of aTV Flash (black) for 2011. Featured in version 1.1.1 are a number of goodies including: expanded support for subtitles, metadata performance improvements, and a stocking full of bug fixes.
Full details on what's new and how to update can be found below.
What's new in 1.1.1?
- Added support for embedded 'Timed Text' subtitles
- Added support for external SSA subtitles
- Added support for .dvr-ms files
- Added background audio looping for DVD menus
- Improved metadata loading performance*
- Improved .SRT subtitles parsing
- Improved compatibility with AirPlay
- Improved filter bar selection in list view mode
- Improved support for special characters
- Improved file name parsing
- Improved playlist behavior
- Resolved rare DVD playback and menu issues
- Resolved floating crash when accessing remote files
- Resolved floating crash when audio queue service is not available
- Resolved rare crash when opening pre-playback screen
- Resolved playback issues when attempting to use corrupt subtitles
- Resolved issues related to hiding menu items
- Resolved issues with installer version check
- Removed white line visible on some h.264 videos
- Files that are 90% viewed are now marked as watched
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
*Note: A one time re-cache will be required to take advantage of the new performance improvements. This will take place automatically when browsing through your media files.
Superb! Where can I get it?
If you're already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 1.1.1 version can be installed through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu. Links for the new version can also be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
If you're not yet using aTV Flash (black) you can get started here.
Happy Holidays. :-)