Happy New Year! To help start 2013 off on the right foot we've got a fresh new version of aTV Flash (black) for your enjoyment. In this new version we've worked to included a number of highly requested features as well as a slew of other improvements, fixes and all-around goodness. We're also working on some other really great things that will be available in the coming weeks/months, but for now a few highlights of what's included in the 2.1 update can be found below.
TV Show Playlists
Now it's easier than ever to pick up where you left off with your favorite show. After you decide which show to watch, simply hold the center button and choose the playlist option. That's it! You'll be taken to the first unwatched episode, and will continue playing until your run out of shows or your eyes turn into puffy white marshmallows, whichever comes first.
Super Customizable Favorites
Favorites provide a handy way to get to what you want as quickly as possible. They're displayed right in the main menu, and just got a whole lot better in version 2.1. Need a quick link to season 4 of The Office? Check. How about having a list of celebration videos that contain the word word birthday? Done. With these new options for Favorites there's really no limit on what you can do.
Full List of Changes
- NEW! TV Show Playlists - easily pick up from the last unwatched episode
- NEW! Custom Favorites - create favorites from almost anything, including search terms
- Big speed improvements while browsing movies/shows
- Library and Search items can now be hidden from main menu
- Now showing ‘Writers’ instead of ‘Producers’ on pre-playback screen
- .ite folders are now hidden from view
- Hidden files are no longer included in slideshows
- Better metadata fetching
- Better trakt syncing and scrobbling
- Better handling of network settings and errors
- Many search related improvements
- Many subtitle related improvements (special characters, performance, etc...)
- Fixed rare Last.fm scrobbling issue
- Fixed rare problems when playing audio files
- Fixed a few memory related issues
- iOS 6 support
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
Cool stuff! Where can I get it?
As usual, updating can be done right on the Apple TV through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu. If for some reason you need to re-install, links for the latest version can be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
If you're new to aTV Flash (black) you can learn about all included goodies here.
Note: Version 2.1 requires an ATV2 running Apple TV version 4.4 or later.