Option to use alternate episode order

Not sure but you might try the English version of La Casa de Papel (in IMDB) which was “Money Heist (2017)”. That might work. I guess it was renamed when Netflix bought it so that might be the one you are looking for.
The episode guide has 3 seasons there:

Carlos

It appears that thetvdb recognizes your series as “Money Heist” and still directs it to the netflix listing so I’d say name the folder Money Heist and the video files “Money Heist S01E01.ext” and that should pick up the netflix episode info. I checked this using “English” on thetvdb and it worked for me.

You misunderstand me. At the moment it is found as Money Heist; what I want is the correct alternative within Money Heist. And that is where the challenge stops as TVDB Version 3 has been rolled back. At this moment you simply cannot find the correct one.

What I have now is
Netflix season 1 = Antenna 3 season 1
Netflix season 2 = Antenna 3 season 2 (even though it is released by Netflix)
Netflix season 3 = unknown.It simply repeats Money Heist for every episode.

When Version 3 is re-released I’d like to map this series against the Netflix alternative so it will read:
Netflix season 1 = Netflix season 1
Netflix season 2 = Netflix season 2
Netflix season 3 = Netflix season 3

But version 3 has to be released in order to make that happen, lol

https://beta.thetvdb.com/series/la-casa-de-papel

You can see what I mean with the alternatives

This isn’t supported right now, but is something we hope to add in a future update.

Moving to suggestions for now…and giving you an upvote. :slight_smile:

This would be nice.

Before that, James, could you please document the correct .xml file format for TV shows?
A sample .xml file for a TV show would be great, just like the one that exists for movies.

As en example, Season 5 of the -great- French TV Show “Kaamelott” has 50 episodes in the “Official Order”, as it was shown on broadcast TV, which were concatenated as 8 episodes in the “DVD order”.
For seasonb 4, the order itself is different.$

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Just started watching the new season of Money Heist and wondered why Infuse had the incorrect metadata for this TV show. Went on to thetvdb.com and noticed what the OP describes. Infuse matches to the original air order, but my files have a different number of episodes and seasons as per the Netflix programming.
This gets an upvote from me as there is no way for me to fix this without supplying my own metadata.

I don’t know if ytou use Trakt, but apparently they stick to “the original air order” as well, so even if you can select the Netflix version, Trakt is still off.

But still I’d like to see alternatives supported as that will make the labeling of files in Shows and Movies way easier.

Hi, I’ve got the same problem, is there any news on that issue?
Selection of alternate orders provided by TheTVDb would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance.

Thetvdb supports three orders for episodes: Aired/DVD/Absolute. Unless I’m mistaken Infuse supports only Aired Order. I have anime episodes in absolute order. So “One Piece 381.mkv” has to be manually looked up in thetvdb and renamed to “One Piece S12E56.mkv”.

It would be great if Infuse supported Absolute Order, for example super-easy by using a special folder:
root\One Piece\Absolute Order\blabla 381.mkv

Same issue : DVD Order not recognised. Could you please allow to choose between aired/dvd/absolute orders ?

Welcome to the forum!

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

done :wink:

Since the change to TMDB my Anime seasons are all messed up. Since many Anime don’t really have seasons they get put in a single season on TMDB. Problem is that they should normally be sorted in Arcs and not all in single season. It can get very disorganized having hundreds of episodes in a single season. The people and moderators in TMDB have therefore decided to create “Episode Groups” for Arcs. See for example Dragon Ball Super: Dragon Ball Super (TV Series 2015-2018) - Story Arcs (Story Arc) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Although all episodes are in a single season (as they probably should) the Episode groups make it organized and properly sorted.

The problem is though that infuse reads the seasons and sorts by that. Is it possible to let infuse read the Episode group? Or even let us create custom seasons that keep the episode data (unlike “creating” seasons by naming them with seasons that don’t exist on TMDB.)?

1 Like

This is planned for an upcoming version, and I’ve moved your post to the existing suggestion thread.

Hey fellas it’s now nearly 2022, it seems TMDB has an “Episode Group” dataset that would be seemingly perfect for most use cases! Perhaps if we could simply select the episode group we want to use for order when we edit the metadata, this would be a nicely scope-limited feature?

Cheers!

You can keep an eye out here

Note the 7.X release which is pending and also the tag on this thread is “planned” :wink:

Maybe not much longer now… :crossed_fingers:

So, I add Cowboy Bebop and the episode order is completely screwed up, because TMDB religiously sorts by air date as opposed to the “real” episode order.

On further investigation there’s an “Episode Group” for the Blu Ray order for this show, which has them in the correct order (hurrah!): https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/30991-cowboy-bebop/episode_group/5ad010de9251417b6f0050df/group/5ad010ee9251417b720055a1

Is there a way to get Infuse to use this episode group instead of the broken TV order?

I feel like this will be a common issue as a lot of stuff was broadcast out of order back in the day.
Ta

The annoying thing is this series was tagged properly until recently when the Netflix series was released. I set the metadata to the 1998 series and now the episodes are in the wrong order.

1 Like

Excellent! I hope this is also planned for the tvOS release! Kind of defeats the point of having metadata at all if it’s completely wrong for each episode.