Option to use alternate episode order

This won’t necessarily change the metadata, just the order that it shows up. So you might still have to name files according to the order we have now and then infuse will adjust order after the fact.

Just like many other requests, this one JUST WON’T HAPPEN. We’ve been waiting for this for almost 12 months. It’s a joke. Firecore is only interested on our money, everything else is just to keep the app up-to-date in case somebody decides to make a similar app. I’ve been using infuse since the first version, so, this is a conclusion base on years waiting for some requests to come true. And they never did as u can say.

You are right, it sometimes takes a very long time until something is implemented. But 12 months is still nothing, I wait for some „basic“-Features for 3 oder 4 years now :sweat_smile:

But the „Alternate Episode Order“ is set as status „planned“ and it should be implement very soon maybe with the next Update :wink::+1:

It’s set to “planned” since march. Set as “next updated” since june. :sweat_smile:

Yes, but this is not unusual :joy:
They often set things as „pending“, and then some other things will be preferred.

But the Infuse Developers are the only ones who respond to customer suggestions/requests at all (unlike Plex etc.) :sweat_smile:

But you need a lot of patience :wink:
For example:
I’m waiting for „Customizable Collections“ now really since 2017 :rofl:
And now it seams it will be implemented shortly :wink::+1:

Folks,

Expressing +1000 votes for this feature to be implemented. I started on XBMC, later Kodi, all on homebuilt HTPCs, and am now trying to get on the infuse/apple TV bandwagon. My files are already named according to DVD rather than aired order for episodes, and it would simplify life greatly. I also like the DVD order better, generally.

Does anyone know if you can override this with NFO files? I’m wondering about going that route if I’m able to specify the metadata and episode number for each media file.

Hey there,
are there any news on this?
It would be awesome to have the opportunity to switch between “Aired Order” and “DVD Order”.

Thank you in advance.

Moved your post to a currently running thread on this suggestion.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Also note that this suggestion is currently tagged as “planned” :wink:

1 Like

Hah, I’d just settle for going by the order specified in Emby. A number of shows have specials embedded in them. They are not always after the show was complete or before it ever started. Sometimes, they have a place within a season even. Emby has a field for this, where the episode actually aired and fits. Battlestar Galactica has specials within a season, and it’s important in some cases to show the episode where it belongs. Emby does this perfectly. Infuse does not. But Emby has a database field for this. Infuse should respect it.

Hi! I’m a new Infuse user and Pro subscriber. I’m a iFlicks refuge I suppose…I was looking for a lazier way to view my videos and I love NOT needing to convert everything first. Anyhow, I just came here to say…the lack of a ‘dvd order’ feature talked about in this thread is the only thing holding Infuse back from perfection for me.

Looking forward to it being done! Let me know if you are looking for user feedback on a beta version of the feature or wireframes of the UI/UX. I imagine the UI is trickier than one might at first assume, especially if you want it to ‘just work’ without too much possibility of confusing or burdening users with another option.

Having to use the idiotic airdate order that TMDb forces on us makes shows like “Firefly” unwatchable…or at least VERY difficult to watch. This should be a much higher priority. Affects SO MANY shows… The Clone Wars, The Transformers, Futurama, etc…

3 Likes

This thread has been marked as planned so we should see it show up. Custom collections is the current high priority item being worked on right now.

I agree. In the meantime, you can deal with the issue through either custom playlist, or through customized xml (local .nfo files) for each episode, as I have done. The episodes (using the latter option) still show up in the wrong order, but at least my customized episode titles alert me to what the proper playback order should be. It’s a pain in the rear … but it’s something.

2 Likes

I’m glad this feature is being planned.

After years of using Infuse, I’ve noticed Seinfeld was all out of whack. The metadata for the episodes would show the airing order based from TMDb when the metadata should be the DVD order from theTVdb. I hope there’s an ability to switch from airdate order to DVD order. Futurama, Batman The Animated Series, Sliders, Harsh Realm, Almost Human, and Firefly are other shows where the DVD order is the true/preferred viewing order.

TMDB has added partial support for this feature. I know they have alternate episode orders for both Firefly and Money Heist (which has some five different alternative episode ordering schemes) …

But these features need to be taken advantage of by the scraping APIs. For Kodi’s “TMDb TV Shows” scraper to pull the alternate episodes, it requires the user to create a local .nfo file with the link you the alternate episode page. I don’t know how Infuse would attempt to implement that feature, but I imagine they’d want it to be handled entirely in the API.

If the other shows you mentioned aren’t yet supported by TMDB is this manner, you’d need to update them there, first.

Any updates on this? Just tried to watch bebop and was confused again

1 Like

Note this thread is tagged as “planned” and if you check here

You’ll see where it’s on the list for an upcoming 7.4.x release. :wink:

2 Likes

Hello
Is the infuse app compatible with TMDB episode groups? If so how does it work? Example with the series it’s not rocket science in thematic order thank you

I moved your post to a currently running thread requesting that feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Also note that this request is tagged as “planned” so it may not be far off.

Hello,
Does infuse manage TMDB episode groups if so how?
Thanks a lot

Romain