Option to use alternate episode order

Not yet.

1 Like

Hi folks
I’ve noted in the Upcoming Features section that this capability has been on the list for implementation for some time - but it keeps sliding further and further back on the planned releases by months or more. Would be nice to know if this will in fact be done at some point. I wonder if there is some technical glitch or problem in making it work for InFuse?

This would be very helpful for Animes like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!

2 Likes

Hi
when will episode groups be supported?
Thanks

Hi
when will episode groups be supported?
or how to sort the episodes in a different order?
Thanks

You can follow the current anticipated release dates for new features here.

so its planned for 7.7… sounds like a long journey right? American dad is totally wrong, one season only have 3 episodes. Sadly I can’t change that atm.
And timeframe for 7.7? like 2024?

Looks like this feature request has been removed from the roadmap??? A bunch of entries that were in the 7.7.x category on the upcoming releases thread have been removed.

Nooo!!! This must be a mistake! Please tell me it’s still on the road! It really sucks atm…

Not only has it been removed, but it looks like the overall list of new features has been reduced across all future planned releases.

This is THE missing feature keeping me from using Infuse more than I do. Last I checked it had over +1k upvotes. I really hope they reconsider.

I personally wouldn’t worry too much about the current upcoming features list. James had posted in another thread that they were shifting priorities around on another feature in development and will be shuffling things around some.

There have been tons of changes to the upcoming features list over the years and things show up and then disappear only to come back again in a new release schedule.

James said it would take them a bit to get things resorted so don’t panic, it appears they’re just trying to get things re-prioritized before they update the upcoming features list again.

1 Like

Appreciate the perspective. Given how simplified the upcoming features list has become, I could only hope there was more going on under the hood.

I will say this - I’ve been tracking the alternate episode order on the upcoming features list for something like a year, and it looks to me it has been continually moved back to later and later releases more than any other feature I know of. I’m sure I speak for many XBMC/Kodi refugees when I say that alternate episode order is a key feature in TV show land. So I really do hope they prioritize this at some point.

1 Like

I really hope to get it back, it had 1,1k votes. Some TV shows are so unusable atm :confused:

Actually, it has 46 votes currently. Interest is judged by the number of likes for the first post in the suggestion thread. :wink:

Also note that this thread is still tagged as “planned” so it’s still on the agenda but there’s not an ETA available as per the post explaining the tags.

I’ve given up on waiting for this feature, and just use manual xml configs for the relevant shows.

It’s made worse by the mods over at TMDB and their weird obsession with enforcing broadcast episode order by default.

1 Like

You should at least have liked the first post to show your support before giving up. :wink:

1 Like

Exactly this and those other threads that used to be on the roadmap are still planned too

1 Like

They may use that as a default but once this feature gets implemented into Infuse you should be able to get other orders like DVD, country specific, etc. as long as the additional info gets enterred correctly on TMDB.

Per TMDB’s bible for TV shows

1 Like

Does TMDB’s episode order only work within a season or can it correct episodes being in the wrong season due to their air date requirement messing things up?

My son is currently a big Paw Patrol fan and although the episodes are made in Canada and often aired first in Canada, the powers that be at TMDB insist on using the US air dates…which means that sometimes Nickelodeon will air an episode from a later season before an episode from an earlier season where a new character is introduced. It’s a big mess. Wouldn’t be if they stuck to the Canadian air dates and seasons, but attempts by multiple people to correct this have been unceremoniously undone.

1 Like

I really have no idea, I don’t run into this sort of problem very often it at all. You can check the episode groups there and see if they address what you’re looking for and then when the feature is introduced in Infuse you may then be able to specify what group you want to follow.