When will the jailbreak ATV3?

:slight_smile: thats right, but MightyJew perhaps has a talent, he jailbreaked 5.1 atv, as he states. I would like to see a proof of it as all  others I think.

Last I heard there was a tethered jailbreak available for the aTV2 running 5.1 and I do believe it was through redsn0w. I could be mistaken. I haven’t been following the scene too closely.

Where did you heard? 5.1 Tethered Jailbreak.
Please elaborate and post more to study and link.

Thnx
JR

yes and greenpois0n. you are able to inject ssh to gain access to the root, but thats the extent of it

Thanks Mighty,
Please keep working on it and try to install XBMC, when you get successful then post and share.

Thanks again,
JR

Is this a possiblity?? go to this link and

check the download section where apple tv is and it is showing apple tv 3,1??

Can this be the apple tv 3rd generation download for the jailbreak?

Looks promising for aTV 3 if someone can download and try.

Please share when successful!

As far as I can see tha is just a set of links that allow you to get various releases of the standard Apple firmware. There is no mention of jailbreaks there.

As far as I can see tha is just a set of links that allow you to get various releases of the standard Apple firmware. There is no mention of jailbreaks there.

yes that site is for getting apple firmwers old and new i have used it meny times for my ipad’s and iphones NONE OF THEM ARE JAILBREAKS

Is this video and link for real?

http://vimeo.com/39828498 and http://seas0npass.blogspot.com/

Claims to have jailbroke ATV3, but the OS links at the bottom appears to be scams.

Cool video but only FireCore must check this out and verify before someone try flash ATV 3.

No JB on ATV3 is not possible, and these guys who post that link are retarts. They copy the links from xctechs.info. So dont trust these guys. Only firecore and xctechs these guys rules !

Hope so. But i wonder if it’s humans who built the ps3 :slight_smile:  Been waiting for long time…

This is easy to say, but hard to deliver.   FireCore do not develop jailbreaks - they merely package them.   Until someone discovers (and makes available) the details of a jailbreak for the ATV3 there is not much they can do.

even if they cant find a jailbreak on 5.1 they might find one on 5.2 it just really takes a while

you can buy atv2. you dont get any benefit with apple tv3…

The ATV3 has improved hardware.

The big visible improvement is native 1080p support.

Internally it also has a faster processor and more RAM so when a jailbreak appears it is likely that ATV Flash (and third party apps like XBMC) will run better on the ATV3.   The big unkinown is when (or even if) a jailbreak will appear…

atv2 is hard to find. they apparently sell only at3’s nowadays

I agree with you 100%

Waiting for Seas0nPass from FireCore.

Waiting for Seas0nPass from FireCore. (ATV3)