Today, as you've no doubt discovered, is April Fools - the official holiday of the web. While we're a bit light on jokes, we do have a new version of Media Player for you.
What's new in version 0.2?
- Added photo slideshows
- Added basic video playlists
- Added support for guest/anonymous NAS logins
- Added volumes list sorting
- Better remote share folder browsing (root folder issue)
- Better Remote.app support
- Resolved issues in AFP navigation resulting in incorrect 'menu' button handling
- Resolved issues resulting in incorrect video playback after rewinding on 'fastest' speed
- Resolved duplicate AFP share entries
- Other miscellaneous fixes
How do the photo slideshow/video playlist features work?
When browsing files stored on your remote share Media Player will automatically detect folders that contains supported photos for the slideshow, or supported movies for video playlist. These folders will be designated with special icons as shown below.
To start a photo slideshow, or video playlist simply highlight the folder, hold the center select button and choose the appropriate option.
How do I get it?
Media Player 0.2 can be installed on your ATV2 through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.