We've had our nose to the grindstone as we work to add features and squash bugs, so without any further ado we're happy to present you with a brand new version of Media Player.
What's new in version 0.6?
- Added AC3 (5.1+ surround) sound
- Added access to DVD menus during playback (press menu)
- Added low buffer detection warning (prevents stuttering)
- Improved playback of larger files
- Improved buffering and re-buffering (when required)
- Improved FF/RW controls for larger files
- Improved audio decoding performance
- Improved center channel (voices) audio mixing
- Improved DVD file playback
- Improved file sorting logic
- Improved performance and memory management
- Improved error handling
- Resolved DVD subtitle issues
- Resolved stalls observed with some files during and after FF/RW
- Resolved synchronization issues observed after buffering some files
- Resolved audio synchronization issues
- Resolved rare floating crash observed at the end of some files
- Resolved resume related playback issues
- Resolved various screensaver related issues
- Local files are now hidden when one or more remote shares are setup
- Minor metadata fetching improvements
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous fixes
How do I get it?
Media Player 0.6 can be installed on your ATV2 through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.